[Tagging] Tagging for an event space / function hall?

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Mon Mar 9 06:06:54 UTC 2015

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 2:48 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Am 05.03.2015 um 21:49 schrieb Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com>:
> >
> > Many if not most "event halls" are in fact something else ALSO, like a
> church or a community centre or a bed and breakfast.  amenity=events_centre
> would be a poor choice.
>
> +1, although there are few dedicated event center I agree. There are lots
> of places which offer these kind of services, from hotels to community
> centers, sometimes big appartement complexes, restaurants, castles, office
> buildings, bowling centers, convention centers etc. maybe almost every
> place if you are willing to pay. Size / capacity seems to be a very
> important information here.

The choices seem to be a tag to attach to existing nodes:
available_for_events={yes,winter,summer}
website:available_for_events=XXXX

Or a dedicated tag which could be used on an area:
amenity=event_rental_space
website=
area=yes
capacity:persons=XX

But the whole thing is a bit problematic.
It's hard to draw a line between places that dedicated for events,
and places that may do a few events per year.
And it's hard to set a proper area for places that may rent the building
separately from the (sometimes extensive)
grounds.

events_per_year=XXXX
lastcheck:events_per_year=2015-01-01
indoor=mixed