[Tagging] Blatant tagging for the renderer: bridges & abandoned railways

Matthijs Melissen info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Mon Mar 9 15:16:54 UTC 2015

On 9 March 2015 at 15:06, ael <law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> I have just been asked to give a talk about OSM to a local group
> including Councillors who are impressed with OSM and considering
> using it for Council purposes. There are many historical abandoned
> railways in the area (related to mining) and I think that they will be
> singularly unimpressed if prominent major bridges on the local lanes
> are missing.

Do you have an example of how local maps render these bridges?

> So is there a bug tracker that I have missed for the stylesheet?

Yes, it was pointed out to you already:

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/542
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/1320

But as mentioned, developer time is limited. Although bug reports are
useful, writing a pull request is typically a quicker way to get
desired rendering on the map than filing a bug report.

-- Matthijs