[Tagging] Blatant tagging for the renderer: bridges & abandoned railways

SomeoneElse lists at atownsend.org.uk
Mon Mar 9 15:26:38 UTC 2015

On 09/03/2015 15:16, Matthijs Melissen wrote:
> On 9 March 2015 at 15:06, ael <law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> So is there a bug tracker that I have missed for the stylesheet?
> Yes, it was pointed out to you already:
>
> https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/542
> https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/1320
>
> But as mentioned, developer time is limited. Although bug reports are
> useful, writing a pull request is typically a quicker way to get
> desired rendering on the map than filing a bug report.

To be fair, someone did submit a pull request to resolve exactly this
issue and it was summarily closed:

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/641

I can understand the decision not to render abandoned railways, but it's
a little disingenuous to suggest that the reason that they aren't
getting rendered is due to the lack of a pull request (although I'm sure
that there are lots of other features for which pull requests would be
welcome).

Best Regards,

Andy