[Tagging] Blatant tagging for the renderer: bridges & abandoned railways

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 17:26:54 UTC 2015

>> The edits you did can be described as (semi-)vandalism.
>
> That sort of comment is unworthy of OSM. I did the surveys. Very
> carefully. I tagged corectly as far as I knew at the time.
>    [...]
> Your sort of comment to someone who has contributed years of solid work
> to OSM is enough to make me consider ceasing to contribute.

On behalf of other people, I'd like to apologise for that comment.
People on this list, and elsewhere, seem to have  using the word
"vandalism" to describe various types of edit that disagree with their
perception of OSM consensus, rather than the true meaning of
"vandalism" which I don't need to spell out here. That's a lazy habit
and very rude to the recipient.

Best wishes
Dan