[Tagging] Blatant tagging for the renderer: bridges & abandoned railways

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Mon Mar 9 19:16:28 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 9:18 AM, ael <law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Your sort of comment to someone who has contributed years of solid work
> to OSM is enough to make me consider ceasing to contribute.

Please ignore these types of comments. While we all generally agree that
tagging for the renderer isn't appropriate, I do it all the time. I love
adding buildings which I think enhances OSM cartography. It is appropriate
to open tickets to get the rendering fixed.

Your comments did remind me that I need to add an abandoned bridge near
home. One spring, when the river is high, the bridge is going to wash away.
It mostly just rust now.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle