[Tagging] Current status of the key smoothness=*

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 07:11:01 UTC 2015

On 12/03/2015 5:39 PM, Friedrich Volkmann wrote:
> I think that we should explicitly include or exclude steepness in the
> smoothness definition. Opinions?

Exclude. 'Steepness' is covered by the incline tag.
There is no mention of width or surface in the smoothness tag.. nor
should there be. The surface=concrete can be very smooth, rough or
impassable. Still a concrete surface.

Numbers? Something like?

Very smooth = less than 1 mm bumps (rise/fall) in a  1 square metre area?
Impassable = >0.3 m bumps in a 1 square metre area?

I'm not suggesting measuring it objectively .. but subjectively it gives
an idea?