[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Reception Desk

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Thu Mar 12 17:49:37 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 10:40 AM, Andreas Labres <list at lab.at> wrote:

> Sorry, but amenity= is the wrong key. Should be tourism= IMHO.

I voted yes for amenity... however I agree the tourism/amenity issue
should be worked out and the proposal resubmitted for vote.

---

I find "tourism" wrong, because valuable reception areas exist
at conferences (say, at State of the Map), and in a variety of
commercial areas having nothing to do with tourism.

"reception_point" may be better than "reception_desk".

This are also closely related to concepts such as "hotel checkin desk",
and a "staffed information kiosk" or "security desk".  In all cases it's a
place where
a visitor will typically go first.  We can expect over time the staffed
reception desk will be replaced with a machine, in which one swipes some
sort of identify card.