[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Haul Channel

Sam Dyck samueldyck at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 18:13:17 UTC 2015

>Could the road be given property tags;
>tag haul_road=yes
>frequency=   as per http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:frequency
>
>?
>
>or a single property tag;
>frequency:haul_road=   then use the same value system as key:frequency?
>That may make the meaning clear? As duplexing is not used you don't need
>to stipulate it.

Haul channel is just the term I've heard used, the "channel 9" I reference
on the wiki is used on an actual road where it refers to 154.635 MHz. I'm
not sure about the term haul_road. Given the ambiguity of the term (Isn't
every road with truck traffic a haul road?)  would it make more sense to
just use frequency=XXX.XXX MHz on any road where applicable? This would
eleminate the need for new tags.