[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Haul Channel

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 01:51:21 UTC 2015

On 12/03/2015 7:57 PM, Steve Doerr wrote:
> On 12/03/2015 05:49, Warin wrote:
>> On 11/03/2015 4:06 AM, Sam Dyck wrote:
>>> In Canada, privately licensed frequencies, not CB
>>
>> Humm Why call it a 'channel'? And not 'frequency"?  Might reduce
>> confusion with CB radio channels?
>
> And why 'haul'? I'm actually having no success finding examples of the
> phrase 'haul channel' in actual use via Google. Is it short for
> 'long-haul channel' or something?

Could the road be given property tags;
tag haul_road=yes
frequency=   as per http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:frequency

?

or a single property tag;
frequency:haul_road=   then use the same value system as key:frequency?
That may make the meaning clear? As duplexing is not used you don't need
to stipulate it.