[Tagging] Smoothness possible values, straw poll.

David dbannon at internode.on.net
Sat Mar 14 03:00:51 UTC 2015

Been a good discussion on new tags for smoothness=.  Time, imho, to ask people to indicate just what they do like. How about a show of hands for one or more of -

1.  Numeric tags, perhaps grade1 .. grade8 similar to tracktype.

2. Words that describe the smoothness -
     glassy -smooth -rough -bumpy - rutted ....

3. Words that describe the (wheeled) vehicle that might use it -
     Any_vehicle, city_car_bike, 4x4_mtb, off_road_vehicle, extreme_vehicle, none.

Don't fuss over the actual values i have quoted, i am sure we can do better. But you can see the differing emphasis. In every case, assume we can/will have a good description behind each value. Or not ?

It might also be worthwhile indicating how strong you feel about your choice.

I'd prefer #1, #3 then, if i must, #2. 2 assumes too much about what makes the road difficult.

David
.