[Tagging] Toll enforcement devices

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sat Mar 14 15:38:53 UTC 2015

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:enforcement
>> but, interestingly, it does not know yet about toll at all, yet.
>

> No .. enforcement from the wiki is "permanently installed devices that
measure and document traffic violations" a toll is not a traffic violation.
> Thus 'enforcement' is for traffic iolations - like speeding, red light
running, tailgating .. basically "breaking a law". Travelling on a toll
road is not "breaking a law" unless you fail to pay - and then you would
not be booked under a traffic law, well not here.

Regional semantics.  Colorado won't let you renew your registration after
toll violations, Oklahoma makes you pay the toll and asseses steep fines,
plus 3 points on your license for skipping toll: If you drive to Joplin
from OKC with a clean license and take the Turner, Creek and Rogers
turnpikes and don't pay toll, you won't have a driver's license before you
even reach the state line, and it'll take a few months for enough points to
expire to get it back!