[Tagging] Smoothness possible values, straw poll.

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 07:20:50 UTC 2015

"Numeric tags, perhaps grade1 .. grade8 similar to tracktype." - exchanges
old problem for a new one,
at huge cost and with no benefit.

"glassy -smooth -rough -bumpy - rutted ...." - will have the same problems
as current values, plus no
clear progression of values (maybe there is for native speakers), also
"glassy" sounds like "too smooth",
plus conversion cost

"Any_vehicle, city_car_bike, 4x4_mtb, off_road_vehicle, extreme_vehicle,
none." - to quote
Jan "a stretch of road that is reasonable for a 4WD can be horrible for a
motorcycle and vice versa".
Though separate tagging for vehicle types is probably a good idea - but it
requires no change for values.

So - I am against any of proposed changes.