[Tagging] Current status of the key smoothness=*

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Tue Mar 17 06:23:50 UTC 2015

On Sun, 2015-03-15 at 16:58 +0000, Kytömaa Lauri wrote:

> So far, nobody has proposed what I have come to think would be the most exact and most usable bit of information a _mapper_ can provide: "Did you get through with transport mode x?" Possible answers are:
> - no
> - just barely
> - with extra effort/concentration/some difficulty
> - yes

That is most certainly the info people want and need but I'd suggest
your approach may be a little too detailed. With (eg) four possible
states and a plan to describe just about every vehicle on the road, too
much data and too difficult to use.

I do believe we, as mappers, need to make some decisions, its not too
hard to divide our vehicles into, say, six or so categories and apply
just a yes/no to each. Yes, its error prone but the error would be only
one level and would still be infinitely more valuable than no info at
all.

David