[Tagging] waterway=lock_gate - is it only for nodes?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 13:19:18 UTC 2015

> Am 17.03.2015 um 13:28 schrieb Richard Z. <ricoz.osm at gmail.com>:
>
> Actually in some cases I am wondering if the OpenSeaMap tags
> are really usefull where other tags exist

+1, this has been a problem since the beginning of OpenSeaMap, their tagging scheme is somehow a parallel universe, inviting to add redundant seamark tags also to stuff that already has an established alternative in OSM, and generally integrating almost not into the common system of tags in OSM (because of the strange semantics and nested tag names)

cheers
Martin