[Tagging] Language - was Accepted or rejected?

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 06:54:03 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 7:44 AM, David Bannon <dbannon at internode.on.net>
wrote:

> Marc, do you find the English speakers here anything less than
> supporting ?  What about use of expressions or references to popular
> culture, does that make it harder do you think ?

No, I have no problems with the English speaking community myself, but I'm
lucky to be rather fluent in English. And I learn new words as I follow the
mailing lists :-).
On the other hand, I also follow lists in German and French, but I am very
reluctant to participate in those discussions, as my language skills are
not good enough for that.
So I imagine that this is the case for other people and English.

| And thats a pretty good point. But to fork off each discussion onto a
| new language list would fracture the discussion. We'd need a person

totally agree with that. But right now, you also see that proposals are
made in local communities that never make it to the general mailing list.
The L├╝beck bicycle tagging scheme comes to mind.
and look at the wiki pages in German. I took a lot of historic or animal
related tagging from there, because there is no English page for those
topics.

Unfortunately I have no solution for this, I can only regret that
participation to the tagging mailing list is for some limited by language
knowledge.

regards