[Tagging] Increasing voting participation (Was Accepted or rejected?)

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 08:26:26 UTC 2015

On 18/03/2015 5:02 PM, Marc Gemis wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 9:42 PM, Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com
> <mailto:bryce2 at obviously.com>>wrote:
>
>     A separate debate is how to increase voting participation.  making
>     pending votes more visible in the editing tools could help.
>

> Just some idea:
> Translate the proposal in German, French, Spanish and Russian, ...
> (the largest communities outside the English speaking countries)
> Let people vote and discuss in their own language. Sum up the votes
> from the different pages.

It is a good idea.
The main problem is that an issue in one place may have been resoled in
another. So there may need to be some cross flow between the discussions
when required/requested?

The secondary issue is the translation. I'm afraid I'd be using one of
those computer translators to do it .. thus there will be some amusement
.. not a bad thing .. it can be cleaned up once done.

> Not everyone is willing/capable to discuss in a foreign language.

Yep. And thus OSM misses out on probably some very good ideas.
And this may well encourage others to make more tags.