[Tagging] Increasing voting participation (Was Accepted or rejected?)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 09:58:32 UTC 2015

> Just some idea:
> Translate the proposal in German, French, Spanish and Russian, ... (the
> largest communities outside the English speaking countries)
> Let people vote and discuss in their own language. Sum up the votes from
> the different pages.

-1, I doubt this will work, and I think this creates too much overhead.
First I believe it is not feasible, look how many pages for the approved
tags are actually translated. Of course you can have (and there is already)
discussion in different languages, but this doesn't have to be in the wiki
(a wiki is generally not a good platform to discuss stuff, IMHO). Secondly
I think that this will lead to more confusion because people will vote on
different stuff (a translation is always a translation and might bear
language intrinsic limitations, proposals get changed in the time until
voting, this is also desirable, but translations would have to keep up,
something we don't even achieve for the definition pages of well
established and frequently used "important" tags).

Cheers,
Martin