[Tagging] Increasing voting participation (Was Accepted or rejected?)

Martin Vonwald imagic.osm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 11:55:36 UTC 2015

> A thought, how difficult would it be to include in the wiki-page how
> many different mappers have actually used a specific tag. Perhaps via
> TagInfo.

This in fact would be a very helpful information! Although - please
everyone correct me if I'm wrong - the numbers from taginfo are not what we
want: as far as I know, taginfo shows the number of mappers, that added or
changed(!) an object with a given tag. Much more meaningful would be the
number of mappers, that actually added a specific tag. This is much harder
to determine and even this number would be biased, because of way-splits.