[Tagging] Deleting private objects in private spaces

johnw johnw at mac.com
Thu Mar 19 01:27:00 UTC 2015

> On Mar 19, 2015, at 12:25 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Am 18.03.2015 um 14:47 schrieb John Willis <johnw at mac.com>:
>>
>> simply appending "private:" on existing public tags is not preferred, though the simplest to execute and avoids having to redefine everything in the world again.
>

> I think prefixing private: is a viable idea, it can be easily filtered out when you don't want these, and it avoids misinterpretations

Once again, I failed to read your email correctly. I somehow missed the distinction between private:*=* and an adding access=private.  ><

Yea, the private:*=* completely changes the definition of the tag (like construction: or abandoned:), rather than trying to add a new meaning on with access=private or private=yes onto an existing tag.

I have been living in Japan for just 4 years, and seeing how my Japanese is crap, you’d think my English level would stay pretty high… but it is disappearing at an alarming rate… Maybe it’s just teaching the English equivalent of primary school classes every day….

Javbw