[Tagging] Deleting private objects in private spaces

johnw johnw at mac.com
Tue Mar 17 05:57:40 UTC 2015

so the driveways are bad, but the powerlines are good?

Aren’t the driveways in a substation part of the stubsation, just like like all the other detail that is recorded for the powerline system or fence for the substation?

I am against rendering.. umm.. “distribution” lines, but if mapping them is your thing, then go ahead. the power lines, especially the transmission lines, are totally, utterly private , off-limits, and lethal. And mapped. The driveway seems to be much less… dangerous or clutter inducing.

Unless it is lawfully off-limits (AKA military installations in certain countries) or behind private doors, then anything is mappable. It may not be good to map it, but it is mappable.  Just like the trees or the tracks around the substation.

Once we start doing indoor mapping, then the same thing will apply as well - the examples listed below are for private spaces inside a building, and those “backroom” or “private” spaces of homes and publicly accessible buildings will have to be unmapped in some way. The mapping notes below sound good.

However even indoors, the paths connecting to fire escapes, hoses, and other safety items in public accessible buildings should be mapped, even if they go through a private loading dock or hallway, maybe. just another case where mapping a private path might be a good idea even in the future for indoor stuff.

some kind of exception for safety or somewhat visible to the public - especially if it is part of the road network.

Deleting a driveway seems a bit too much.

Javbw