[Tagging] Accepted or rejected?

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste2 at letuffe.org
Thu Mar 19 14:30:21 UTC 2015

Jan van Bekkum wrote
> It is amazing to see how few people participate in this discussion and
> vote
> compared to the number of mappers.

I will only talk for myself : I'm very interested in the outcome of this
specific discussion about tag proposals, and I did my best to make my way
thru the 6 threads on 2 mailing lists + a wiki page for a total of around
100 messages.
But that is far too much time consuming not only to read, but to answer
while it was probably allready answered in another branch of mail thread
number 5.

A mailing list is not suited for that purpose for the time I'm ready to
invest. I'd welcome a summary somewhere (a wiki page ?) after a first pass
of discussion about the, says, 5 proposed changes of the proposal process
that have met a few supporters.
proposal 1- Voting quorum upgrade to 15 voters
proposal 2- 2 thirds approval required to have the "accepted" sticker
proposal 3- Voting period extended to 2 month
proposal 4- Remove all words that make people think the wiki process is
somehow an official and only way to accept tags
proposal 5- give free ponies to mailing list contributors who passed the 100
emails mark in the month
proposal 6- disregard any previous proposal and let every one do what they
want

ps: do we have a process for changing processes ?

-----
--
sly, contact direct : sylvain /a\ letuffe o r g
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Sletuffe