[Tagging] Fuel shops

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 17:25:57 UTC 2015

> It is expected that most renderers only look at the namespace tag, not at
> the attributes. How do we ensure that I don't end up at a "bottle store"
> while I expect a decent filling station. I am afraid that we pollute the
> amenity=fuel tag if we use it for fuel out of a drum as well? We really
> should use a different namespace tag.

don't know why you wrote this in a reply to my email which you cited, but I
agree with you, businesses which sell petrol in such small quantities that
it is not suitable to fill the tank of your car should not be tagged with
amenity=fuel IMHO, because otherwise they will be misstaken.

cheers,
Martin