[Tagging] Accepted or rejected?

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Thu Mar 19 17:34:33 UTC 2015

> On Mar 19, 2015, at 9:00 AM, Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com> wrote:
>
> +1 on the change to a 75% threshold for voting.  Negativity indicates the proposal needs work.
>
> Those with trouble scanning mailing lists should look into "threading" options for their mail
> client, or read discussions on threaded archive servers.

My issue with email lists is that for most emails I delete after reading. If at some time later, I come across a tagging situation that I recall being previously discussed I need to go into the mail archives at https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo find the list (probably tagging but maybe others) and then find which month of which year it was discussed.

Most forums I have seen and used have a much better search setup than that.

Also, if I need or want to resurrect the thread, that it typically trivial on a forum as you just post a reply. But if I’ve pulled up the old thread out of the list archive I will have broken the message ID information in the email headers that make threading options on a mail reader work well.

Cheers,
Tod