[Tagging] List v Forum - was Accepted or rejected?

Kotya Karapetyan kotya.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 22:28:10 UTC 2015

> I'm starting to think a Forum is a good idea.  But Stack Exchange is a
> bigger decision, I have not used it, who has ?

I have :) Also participated in the proposal phase for a couple of sites.

I am wondering: If so many people think that forum is better, and if OSM
actually provides a forum (http://forum.openstreetmap.org/), how comes that
we have this discussion? Why hasn't it died out long ago and why don't we
discuss tags in the forum? Isn't it an indicator that something important
is better in the mailing list? Is it maybe a pure quantity thing (the
majority actually prefers the list)? Then this discussion is of little use:
people will go on using the mailing list, whatever a dozen people here
agrees on.

Cheers,
Kotya