[Tagging] Deleting private objects in private spaces

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 22:11:31 UTC 2015

On 23/03/2015 1:20 AM, fly wrote:
> Am 17.03.2015 um 07:26 schrieb John Willis:
>> There was a big bruhaha about any mappers mapping Israeli military installations. They were deleting everything and leaving notes not to map things on that location, if I remember correctly.
>>
>> I don't know the details, but I imagine that OSM might get blocked in certain countries if certain things are mapped, I dunno.
> So you need an own style for Israeli but no argument to exclude it for
> the rest of the world or in the data base.

Personally I only map 'usefull' stuff.. stuff that the general public can use, or stuff that is usefull in an emergency.
There is a lot to map that falls into this category that I'm not looking for stuff to map! Lots of roads in India for instance that are not mapped.

I'll ignore military installations unless they are historic and sometimes open to the public.