[Tagging] Loomio evaluation

André Pirard A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 09:36:08 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-23 01:18, Dave Swarthout wrote :
> I'll second the notion that we need something better than the current
> system. It is an anachronism!
>
> My first look at Loomio was good, I was impressed, but my immediate
> thought was, it'll never get accepted into OSM
>
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 5:57 AM, Dan S <danstowell+osm at gmail.com
> <mailto:danstowell+osm at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     It's interesting. I hadn't realised it's open-source too, so osm could
>     run its own version of it if we wanted to.
>
>     Dan

>     <mailto:kotya.lists at gmail.com>>:
>     > Dear all,
>     >
>     > In an attempt to find a better tool for our proposal
>     discussions, Loomio has
>     > been mentioned. At the very first glance it looks like a feasible
>     > alternative to the mailing list and the forum.
>     >
>     > Let's take a look together:
>     https://www.loomio.org/g/tknueHrw/osm-tagging
>     >
>     > And let me know if you want to check the coordinator role.
>     >
>     > Cheers,
>     > Kotya

Hi,

I clicked "Login via Google", Google didn't let me choose which e-mail
address to use, it blindly used the wrong one, I obviously canceled
permission to use it and Loomio reported failure for a cryptic reason.
Back to Loomio for a new start, I'm stuck in the following welcome
dialog when trying to repeat the same.
It looks like Loomio made a subscription despite it failed and wants me
to do an impossible login.
According to Help, no subscription is needed :-D
How can I cancel that bogus subscription and go on? (I have an idea of
trickery, but I prefer the official method).

Short conclusion: it seems I won the contest by raising a bug on just a
single first click ;-)

>   Link up your account
>
> Log in to your Loomio account to link it up with Google.
>
> or
> Remember me
> Forgot your password? <https://www.loomio.org/users/password/new>
>
> Don't have an account? Create one now