[Tagging] Fuel shops

Jan van Bekkum jan.vanbekkum at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 10:57:19 UTC 2015

+5
I fully agree with Dave! We need a clear differentiation between regular
filling stations with large underground containers and the shops that sell
a few liters of diesel of which you may hope that it isn't polluted and
doesn't contain water.

When I travel in countries like Malawi or Ethiopia I try to plan fuelling
in such a way that I can use "normal" fillings stations. I don't care so
much about the brand or the roof, but large quantities and protection
against manipulation are important. The "shops" I only use in emergencies.
So please use amenity=fuel for regular filling stations and extend the
existing shop=fuel with attributes to specify what fuekl is sold.