[Tagging] Fuel shops

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Mon Mar 23 14:27:39 UTC 2015

On 22.03.2015 20:29, fly wrote:
>> some independent petrol stations are organized in associations and use
>> these as their brand, see e.g. here:
>> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundesverband_freier_Tankstellen
So it is a brand. Maybe just small, but a brand of that association of
fuel stations.

>> not being part of a mineral oil corporation doesn't necessarily mean you
>> don't use a brand name.
>
> So, we need an additional tag for independent shops/petrol stations as
> brand=* and operator=* might be already used.
> Do we need company_chain=* or does independent=yes work ?

The wiki describes "operator=independent" as "he value has been used
when exact details of the operator are not known, other than that they
are a small independent firm."
Sounds like that's exactly what we are looking for.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:operator%3Dindependent

Stephan