[Tagging] Fuel shops

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 14:33:58 UTC 2015

> The wiki describes "operator=independent" as "he value has been used when
> exact details of the operator are not known, other than that they are a
> small independent firm."
> Sounds like that's exactly what we are looking for.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:operator%3Dindependent

no, I think he wants a tag that says: "this petrol station is not
associated with one of the big mineral oil companies". The proposed tag
operator=independent is a hack by putting something different than an
operator into the operator value, IMHO nothing we should encourage, and
this information will be lost as soon as someone adds a proper operator to
the POI.

Cheers,
Martin