David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Mon Mar 23 22:06:00 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-03-23 at 19:12 +0700, Dave Swarthout wrote:
> The majority of campgrounds United States parks are not guarded,
Agree, "guarded" is not a very friendly word !

>  and almost never fully staffed.
yes, "fully staffed" implies 24/7 or thereabouts. We need to include
parks where some supervisor "calls in" from time to time. But issue here
is that there is "someone", possibly off site, possibly not around when
you need them. But they exist.

> .... Hot showers are a luxury and a few camp_sites have them, most do
> not.

Gee, you pay a 'significant' fee and don't get hot showers ?  But you do
get electricity ?

> Rather than stating these sorts of things as a minimum requirement,
> let them be mentioned as optional
Yep.

Martin is unhappy with the word "designated". I don't think its great
but cannot suggest another. Here we say "free camps" but use the word
free as in "free speech", not "free beer" and it causes a lot of
confusion.

I am happy with "camp_site=informal" (unlike Martin), pretty much
says what it is supposed to say. I expect it would be rendered
differently or not at all in most cases. We could make that clearer in
the text ?

David