David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Mon Mar 23 22:25:49 UTC 2015

Just to make sure we are all singing from the same hymn book, here is a
table summarising the differences between these different camp sites.
Sorry if you are not using fixed spacing fonts, you should !

          Standard    Designated Trekking Informal
Fee       Significant No/Nominal   ?        No
Toilets   Yes         Possibly     No       No
Power     Usually     Rarely       No       No
Water     Yes         Sometimes    Maybe    No
Washing   Usually     Rarely       No       No
Staff     Yes         Rarely       No       No
Pitches   Yes         Rarely       no       No
Official  Yes         Yes          Usually  No

"Toilets" should be read as "Toilets/Sanitary Dump Point"
"Staff" means someone in attendance at some time.
"Pitches" is a UK term meaning defined spaces where each individual
tent/caravan/whatever sets up.
"Washing" might mean laundry, dish washing facilities...

What have I missed, got wrong ?

My point might be that with so many factors, we are unlikely to see a
100% of campgrounds to fit into their category flawlessly every time.
Thus words like "rarely" and "usually".

David