David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Tue Mar 24 21:37:03 UTC 2015

While loosing faith in the proposal, I'd still like to make it work.

On Tue, 2015-03-24 at 16:18 +0900, johnw wrote:
> Also - as Martin mentioned - how is the fee associated with the
> grounds change their usage?  All the car camping grounds in Japan are
> private businesses. They all charge a fee. They look almost exactly
> like a state (public) campground camp in the US. But they are private.
> the fee should just be the standard fee= tag

But you would not oppose the proposal because a particular category does
not exist where you live/travel ?

Here in Australia (and other parts of the world) there really is a
different type of camp ground. Its typically provided by local council
or a local community (wanting to attract visitors). It will have no fee,
request a donation or a nominal fee of a few dollars. Its nothing like
the camp grounds you are thinking about and needs to be described
differently. Pitches are not defined, you park where you like and
therefore usually with plenty of space between neighbours. Few or no
services, no staff. Arguably more suited to caravans or motor homes than
tents. There is a monthly magazines devoted to the subject. I have a
book with 3700 listings.

While it may be beyond some list member's experience, it exists !

David