David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Tue Mar 24 22:23:26 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-03-24 at 09:42 -0700, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 10:11 PM, David Bannon wrote
>
>         Are we better saying -
>           tourism=camp_site
>           toilets=yes
>           sanitary_dump_station=yes
>           amenity=showers
>           fee=yes
>
> Yes.
> Because camp sites will defy categorization.

No, sorry, I don't think that works either ! Looking at a typical
commercial book that describes camp sites, you expect to see a list,
maybe a long one, things like toilets, water, showers, laundary, BBQ,
fire place and so one. Many of these are already in amenity=*. But its
silly to do on one node or area -

tourism=camp_site
name=Happy Campers Rest
amenity=bbq
amenity=fireplace
amenity=bench
amenity=waste_disposal

So, I'd need to map each as an individual node. A search of the data
will not necessarily associate the BBQ with Happy Campers Rest Caravan
Park. Thats just as silly.

Someone making a map wants to see one object with these attributes so
they can decide what to render and how to render it.

tourism=camp_site:amenity=bbq;fireplace;drinking_water;waste_disposal;toilets;showers;bench
name=Happy Camper Rest

Ugly but works in terms of associating the data in a meaningful way.

I think we still need categories in some form so that renders have a
hint of what they should do.

David