Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Tue Mar 24 16:42:31 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 10:11 PM, David Bannon <dbannon at internode.on.net>
wrote:

> OK, I'm struggling. I started answering Dave S's stuff (below) and
> realised I was really arguing away the whole catagory approach. Sigh.
>
> Are we better saying -
> tourism=camp_site
> toilets=yes
> sanitary_dump_station=yes
> amenity=showers
> fee=yes

Yes.
Because camp sites will defy categorization.

But definitely add "official" there, or a least "operator".  I want to know
in advance if the tent symbol on the map represents a place
I can comfortably stay without getting woken up at 5am by a farmer with a
shotgun *

           -Bryce

* Been there, done that.

** Also add "stay_limit=7 nights", "internet_access=wlan", "camp_host=no",
"network=", "campfire_permitted=season", "ranger_programs", "website".