[Tagging] Tagging method of amenities at camp_sites

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 21:24:58 UTC 2015

On 28/03/2015 3:21 AM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> Site relations are clearly the best solution when micro-mapping.
>
> But this is not a one size fits all choice.  There are many mappers,
> tools, and places that are not ready for that level of complexity.
> We're lucky to get many campsites mapped at all.  In simple cases a
> few attributes on a node does just fine, gets the job done,
> and causes no problems.
>
> A huge downside of #4 is for armchair mapping.  I may have access to a
> website for a caravan_site, and know that if offers showers,
> laundry and a dump station. _/ But I have no idea where on the site
> they are./_  All I can really do is tag those amenities as attributes.

OR .. you could place each node of the separate features close together
with a fixme tag on them ...
This way you don't need two systems for tagging the same thing. And it
makes it easier for a mapper to move them to the correct location when
they are found. And it conveys the information and being spacialy close
they indicate that the loctions are not absolutely correct. ANd the
renders don't need to recognise two different systems for the same thing.