[Tagging] How does an end user use camp site data ?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 04:57:49 UTC 2015

On 28/03/2015 2:54 PM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> I might use OSM to identify camping sites nearby, but would never stop
> there.
> The next step is a web search.  Thus the website= link is the most
> important
> tag, after camp_site.

Assumes web access.. as most of Australia has no cell phone access?
Satellite phone!
Sorry my budget does not stretch to running a web search through a
satellite phone for info on a camp site..

Think you'll find a website search is ok for highly populated countries
that have lots of high capacity cell phone coverage. Might cover most of
the users most of the time?

Me? I look for a camp site somewhere ahead after lunch time. Usually
basic will do me for an overnight. For more than one night .. cloths
washing would be good.
If there is nothing on the map .. I'll look for a wild camp - small back
road away from houses (note to self - mark out houses on OSM along the
ways I travel so I can see them on the map!). I'll usually start looking
for wild sites after say 15:30.