[Tagging] RFC - obligatory usage - bicycle=obligatory

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sat Mar 28 13:33:23 UTC 2015

Am 28.03.2015 um 14:23 schrieb Hubert:
> I believe this is the issue here.
> For me bicycle=designated and bicycle=official don't say that a cycleway is mandatory. It only says that this way is meant for cyclist
> or is built for cyclist only. And while bicycle=official is mostly used for mandatory cycleways there are also cases where it is used
> for all way with a blue traffic sign or even all cycleways which are "official".

Please give an example of a cycleway in Germany (given that this is a
specific German argument) with a blue sign (237, 240 or 241) that is not
mandatory use (and no I don't mean that you could go to court, and, if
you win, get the sign removed based on arguments that the way should not
be signposted as such).

Simon