[Tagging] RFC - obligatory usage - bicycle=obligatory

Hubert sg.forum at gmx.de
Sat Mar 28 15:10:55 UTC 2015

That's not what I wanted to say. A cycleway is mandatory if has one of the signs 237, 240 or 241 AND it is parallel to a road. A sign by itself doesn't make a cycleway mandatory.

If you don't like the introduction of a mandatory key. What about a key that expresses the optional use of an cycleway. In that case bicycle=designated could be understood as the standard tag which is used on all cross-country and roadside cycleways and e.g bicycle=optional is used on roadside cycleways that are not mandatory to use.

Hubert