[Tagging] Tagging method of amenities at camp_sites

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 04:09:10 UTC 2015

Just a note about using semicolon-delimited lists. Most renderers do not
handle such lists very well so a tag like the following:

amenity=bar;restaurant;picnic_table;sanitary_dump_station

might not show you all of the amenities. There have been many discussions
about this issue on this list and elsewhere

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 9:39 AM, David Bannon <dbannon at internode.on.net>
wrote:

> On Sat, 2015-03-28 at 12:26 +0100, Marc Gemis wrote:
>
> > If I am on a large campsite I want to use "the map" to find my way to
> > all amenities. If you have put everything on 1 node it's a pretty
> > useless map, not ?
>
> Agree in principle Marc but don't think its always practical. I have
> been to many camp grounds that are too big to walk around and bad
> manners to drive (apparently aimlessly) around. Many National Park
> toilets are drop toilets and, for obviously reasons need to be moved.
> Fireplaces are often quite impromptu, we are marking they are allowed,
> not where they are.
>
> I agree it would be nice to be able to zoom in and see where fixed
> things are, highly desirable for the people there on site. But people
> planning a trip, they just want to know fire places and toilets are
> there, somewhere. Lets help the second group and then, if we can, the
> first.
>
> David

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska