[Tagging] RFC - proposal page for camp_site=

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 09:17:55 UTC 2015

> camp_site:restaurant=yes
> camp_site:water=yes
> camp_site:space_water=no
> campsite:kitchen=yes
> camp_site:space_bbq=no
> camp_site:space_power=yes
> camp_site:attendant=yes

I still believe that this kind of model is not preferable, because these
lists tend to get very long (i.e. they clutter the object leading to the
already observable problem that important tags get forgotten or not
updated/corrected because of too many secondary and tertiary tags), and
they repeat in a redundant way what should already be mapped as objects on
their own (restaurant, bbq, toilets, water points, ...). They tend to
increase inconsistency (because if e.g. the bbq space becomes unfunctional,
people might likely remove them from the map, but might forget to remove
refering redundant tags from containing objects that are higher in the
hierarchy). If we'd continue with this logic, we might even replicate these
on the town? place=town, town:camp_site=yes, town:camp_site:restaurant=yes,
town:camp_site:restaurant:cuisine=italian?
Some things might make sense to be seen as attributes on the camp_site,
e.g. whether there is power available, while others like the presence of a
restaurant or a shop should be better mapped as objects on their own.

Cheers,
Martin