[Tagging] recommend tagging of volcanos as ways rather than nodes

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 14:58:00 UTC 2015

In a broader sense, volcano is a mountain that appeared after a volcano
blew up. The problem is, we don't yet have a way of mapping mountains.
There was a suggestion to map a mountain by tagging mountain=xyz on all
entities that define a mountain, that is peaks, ridges, mountain passes and
such. Maybe we could use features mentioned by Richard Z.
(geological=volcanic_lava_channel, geological=volcanic_caldera_rim) and
give them all the same volcano=xyz tag.

pon, 30. ožu 2015. u 16:51 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>