[Tagging] recommend tagging of volcanos as ways rather than nodes

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Mon Mar 30 22:47:25 UTC 2015

I love the idea. I suggested it.  -carto hated it.

They worry so much about vandalism and "verifiability" - but landmark and "importance" level of local things can only be mapped and verified by local mappers - mappers are trusted to map so many things, this should be one of them.

We have how many kinds of roads?
We have how many kinds of waterways?

We should have at least more than 2 kinds of mountains based on relative size and importance, in some manner.

Did you see the pictures I posted in that thread? It's so frustrating!

Javbw