[Tagging] Status 'Draft' ... vs status 'Proposed'?

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Tue Mar 31 03:09:38 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-03-31 at 12:22 +1100, Warin wrote:
> There have been some comments on people making comments on the voting
> stage of a proposal. I think this comes about because of the large
> number of proposals with the status 'proposed'.

Indeed. And you suggest a viable solution but I wonder if it needs be
that complicated ?

I'd prefer Draft - Proposed - Voting - etc

Draft - starts page creation time, unlimited.

Proposed - When declared, limit 6 months then drops back to Draft

Voting - As its now.

Assuming we have been going for ten years, 6 month Proposed would give
us 5% of current list. I see no purpose in defining rigidly what happens
in the Draft and Proposed stages apart from the fact that Proposed
appears on the Proposed page and is announced on list !

The drop back process would be manual, perhaps announced so true
believers can act. But a proposal can easily progress to Proposed again,
just needs an edit.

I do agree that the current list of Draft and Proposed is unworkable and
apparently ill-defined.

David