[Tagging] [Wiki Talk] Why OSM and not another collaborative mapping service?

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu May 7 11:03:55 UTC 2015

I'm really not sure what this discussion is doing on tagging and have
redirected follow ups to talk (it has in the matter of a few mails
already gone substantially off-topic though).

The page in question is actually a fork of
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Google_Map_Maker which was written as
a response to the introduction of MM.

I personally consider it dangerous to base such a comparison on anything
but general principles. On the one hand you are always in danger of
being out of date and at least in a legal grey zone if not already out
side of it, on the other hand it tends to degenerate in to
political/point of view material, are all commercial companies actually
evil as Xxzme version seems to imply?

Simon