[Tagging] Airport power and USB stations

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Fri May 22 23:56:47 UTC 2015

Duck tagging it's not.  One could consider the horrors of tagging:

*amenity=charging_stationvoltage=5socket:usb=4*

>From http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dcharging_station
But I think that's just as bad an idea as amenity=fuel;vehicle=no.

Better:

*amenity=device_charging_station*

*socket:nema_5_15=2*
*socket:USB=4*

I don't care that amenity is "overloaded".  This is an amenity.

And even better:

*amenity=device_charging_station*
*socket:ac=2*
*socket:usb=4 *  (there are two types Android and Apple, but I gloss over
that)
*socket:apple_30_pin=4*

And someone who cares can invent subtypes for "ac" like "sev_1011",
or worse set something for multi standard sockets:
http://fam-oud.nl/~plugsocket/MultiSockets.html

And subtypes for USB, as there are at least three types of charging port,
and a a dozen types overall.

These days world voltage adapters are all one can buy: the 110V vs. 220V
debate is over.  So no voltage tag needed.