[Tagging] Deprecating wikipedia Tag

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon May 25 16:32:09 UTC 2015

> Also, a lot of wikipedia articles do not (yet) have a wikidata
> counterpart.

I thought all wikipedia articles had been transformed into wikidata
entities (that's what I was told from a guy from wikimedia).
The big difference that I see that could be there (in theory, the current
situation wasn't like that when I had looked at it some months ago):
wikidata is about entities. wikipedia articles are that: articles, they
could deal with different (wikidata) entities in the same article. Actually
they do, if you look at what in osm is place and admin, the articles often
(but not always) refer to both of them, while for wikidata it does always
make a difference (IIRR).

Like others have said before, for me the problem with wikidata tags at the
moment is still, that we don't have particular editor support for them, so
that you have to follow the link in order to see what the tag is about and
spot possible errors or control what you have just entered yourself.

Cheers,
Martin