[Tagging] housenumber on node and area

pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Wed May 27 23:30:57 UTC 2015

On 27 May 2015 at 08:07, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:

>  Martin et al.,
>
> It might help to have some kind of paradigm here as I think our frames of
> reference may be divergent. If we don't have consensus about the "question"
> we will never agree about the "answer" except by coincidence, and that
> would be the worst situation of all.
>
> What are the use cases for an "address"? Is it as a routing target? A
> "label" or "annotation" for a building? or a "property" in a looser sense?
> Is it for the benefit of the postman? Or what?
>
> //colin

In the UK we have postal addresses and geographic addresses. In the main
they're the same but where there isn't a postal address, there's only the
geographic address. There are cases where the postal address and geographic
address are different - such as PO Box numbers where a firm at one address
has their post delivered to another address.

Address: geographic/routing (A description for finding a 'place' - a
(geographic) location; the next 8 bits, a web page etc.
Address: postal post delivery.

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>