[Tagging] Big amenity=fountain

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Sun May 31 11:35:27 UTC 2015

W dniu 31.05.2015 12:31, Martin Koppenhoefer napisał(a):

> I'd keep amenity=fountain and render just a name (zoomlevel area size
> dependent ) with no icon, and would use
> man_made=nozzle or maybe
> waterway=nozzle
> for the single nozzle (not rendered in default style or rendered just
> with a small dot)

But that's just a half of the story - big, named fountain - and it's
quite rare. The other (probably much bigger =} ) half is small fountains
with no name, which are probably already tagged as amenity=fountain.
What do you want to do with them? Keep them invisible or retag with
amenity=fountain + *=nozzle maybe?

That's why I think the name and the icon are the best compromise for
amenity=fountain. The biggest fountains can have the icon with the name,
because individual nozzles will be also seen when tagged, but with small
fountains we don't have to change anything just to make it technically
"correct" (because they really are fountains, just different).

down" [A. Cohen]