[Tagging] Named junctions

Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 6 08:01:28 UTC 2015

wow, so the problem is much bigger than I expected.

I still think that my suggestion might help to solve the problem.

My understanding so far:

- In Japan (and maybe other countries),

you would prefer to render only those traffic_signals which have a name

- Complex junctions often require several nodes with highway=traffic_signals,

at least for the routing.

My suggestion place=junction  could be used for all junctions,

maybe in combination with traffic_signals=yes/no to help the renderer.

A special Japanese style would simply ignore unnamed traffic_signals.

 Gerd