[Tagging] Named junctions

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Tue Nov 10 01:03:01 UTC 2015

> On Nov 9, 2015, at 9:38 PM, tomoya muramoto <muramototomoya at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> *You want to establish a new tag such as traffic_signals_area to solve multiple signals rendering.
> *Opinions on the new tag are welcome from Japanese/Asian community because rendering of traffic signal and its name is very important for (car) navigation in Japan/Asia.

This is correct.

We were also using this to solve multiple renderings of the name label as well (for named signals), but it could also be useful outside of Japan, like in Korea.

However, Korea labels the junctions - they could be stop signs.  In Japan, the named item is always a set of signals.

Perhaps we would need to do the same for signals and junctions separately, or it can be combined together.

I don't care about the method, just that it is reliable. I believe the method will involve additional tagging for complex intersections, and may be optional for simple ones.

Javbw